View Single Post
Old April 11 2013, 12:29 AM   #37
t_smitts
Commander

Re: Who was the most hated character among fans while DS9 was airing?

Ryva Brall wrote: View Post
I personally like a lot of the O'Brien episodes; particularly "Hard Time". Some of Colm Meaney's best acting is in that episode. What bugs me, though, is that he's completely fine in the next episode. He never seems to suffer any ill effects from all the torture he gets put through. *sigh* Star Trek and continuity have never been the best of friends.

Although Quark is one of my favorite characters, I can imagine a lot of viewers disliked him. He IS greedy, cunning, and manipulative, after all. And let's face it, Ferengi characters aren't likely to win any Trek beauty contests. :P
Indeed. While Colm puts on a great performance, it's strange that it's never even slightly referenced ever again. Actually, I thought it might've been taking the usual "torture O'Brien" theme a bit too far, but on the plus side, if you're not crazy about that episode, you can honestly just pretend it never happened.

(Interesting side-note, originally, the episode was supposed to deal with Sito Jaxa and her coping with having been in Cardassian prison. In retrospect, that might've been better).
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote