View Single Post
Old April 15 2005, 09:39 PM   #55
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: TrekUnited Proposed Season 5 Co-Production Dea

My problem with the idea of doing a Canadian-made season of ENT is spelled out by the Trek Today reporter. Odds are few if any of the cast of the current series would want to move up to Vancouver. It's almost 100% certain John Billingsley won't, and Bakula talks about being unable to attend conventions because of his kids.

While I think ENT could survive if a couple of the supporting cast were missing or even recast, the show just won't be the same without Bakula, Blalock, Billingsley, etc.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, but my betting money is still on a movie or mini-series rather than a full year and my last word on the subject (as I've stayed mum about the whole TU controversy) is at this point that's where efforts should be concentrated. I'd rather see a kick-ass "Peacekeeper Wars"-style miniseries that gives the cast a proper send off than nothing.

Cheers!

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)