View Single Post
Old April 9 2013, 11:27 PM   #248
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce
Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

The flying through space in that scooter exposed to the vaccume, without the TARDIS to project and air corridor or or gravity bubble - or no mention that the "scooter" was capable of projecting one - really bugged me.

(I was wondering if maybe the idea was either that the scooter *projected* a "gravity bubble...or the ring system was something like the "smoke ring" in Lary Nivin's "The Smoke Ring" and the Integril Trees", and it had an atmosphere...?)

I also didn't like seeing the "planet" that the rings orbited just vanish, and no one worry what the rings were going to orbit now!?

Perhaps the ring is some artifically maintained system with air and gravity - to keep the ring in orbit - and such...but if it was supposed to be, imo, the most likely source for generating and maintaining all of that was the being/"planet" in the center...and when it vanished, well...

It just seemed like sloppy and careless writing to me - and a lot of it could be explained away or accounted for in a short line or two of exposition.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote