View Single Post
Old April 9 2013, 07:02 PM   #933
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Snatcher42 wrote: View Post
^ I believe Kirk did not see The Gathering?
Nope, I didn't get to see it. I had assumed it was a call back to it, though.

Now, on to the episodes I watched.

And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder - Londo's reaction to the evidence against the Centauri was interesting. The Centauri explination for what was happenening was stupid, even if I didn't already know they were definately responsible. I liked seeing G'Kar and Londo go to Centauri Prime, and g'Kar had some funny banter with the Centauri, as always. I knew Garibaldi would screw up, but its weird no one besides his girlfriend and Zach have figured out whats wrong with him. How many times can he make lame excuses and get away with it? Sheridan losing it with the ambassadors was great, they deserved his anger. It was cool to see Londo stand up for G'Kar, even if it meant being put in the same cell as him. Overall, this was a good episode.

Movements of Fire and Shadow - The whole of B5 is filled with killers and security officer's who aren't great at their job. I know its a big station, but if it hadn't been for the end of the war next episode, every Centauri on B5 would probably have ended up dead before too long. A new Earth/Minbari ship sounds interesting. I figured that they must start running low on White Star's eventually. G'kar's plan to get Londo out of the cell was clever and funny. Lyta showed she can be pretty vicious when she wants to be. The pods that were controlling some Centauri ships were interesting. The drazi/Narn attack was pretty bad. I know that the Centauri have done stuff like that, but I thought that they might atleat pretend they weren't as bad as the Centauri. Overall, this was a pretty good episode.

The Fall of Centauri Prime - I'm just going to say it right away. I hated this episode. Don't get me wrong, for what it had to do (set in motion the events seen earlier) it wasn't bad, but the overall story of Londo's fate sucks, so this story was still not good. Londo and G'Kar had great performances, especially in their last scene together before Londo becomes a puppet. But, their talent is wasted in such a crappy plot. Having a short Londo montage at the end felt like a kick in the face, and a borderline taunting of Londo's fans by JMS. This whole Londo fate plot has been bad from the beginning, from the spoilers to the very idea. Its easily the worst plot in B5, and the stupidest character stuff. The fact that Londo is my favorite character makes it even worse. JMS couldn't have written a worse plot for Londo if he tried. I'm also wondering what JMS has against San Diego This was a horrible way for my favorite character to end up, and knowing it ahead of time just meant i had more time to be angry about it. This isn't the worst B5 episode by far (That honor still belongs to Deconstruction of Falling Stars) but its definately one I hate. Hopefully the last episodes will be good, and I hope Londo just doesn;'t get shown again.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote