View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 10:44 PM   #37
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: Blake's 7 given the go ahead by Syfy

I'm both terrified and excited. I'm terrified because SyFy is producing this (as oppose to a UK channel or even HBO) and because it's a "re-imaging" of a beloved classic series it runs the risks of constant comparisons to the original ("Well, the original did this, this, and that!" "The original series did that part better" and so on). I'm excited because, as others have already said, Blake's 7 is ripe for reinvention (just look at Firefly) and has the potential of being a great series. I'm terrified and excited because I want to see the aspects that Starkers and others have described that made the original series so successful (such as character interactions and the dire situations they have to constantly work in) envisioned properly in this remake.

I will definitely check this out but I'm cautiously, very cautiously optimistic.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote