View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 09:09 PM   #2263
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

JD wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Yeah, because Lost and Fringe were canceled after half a season. Oh wait, they weren't. And of course JJ's involvement in both was pretty limited after the initial launches.
I'm not even sure how involved he is with Revolution. As far as I know Supernatural creator Eric Kripke is the showrunner, and I don't think I've really heard JJ Abrams mentioned very much anymore. In fact I don't know if he's ever really been that involved in the story or world building, pretty much everything I've read discussing them seems to indicate it is Kripke coming up with the majority of the stuff.
Other than the beginning of Lost, I don't think he's been very involved with the creative aspects of any of the show's he's produced the last few seasons.
The thing is, JJ is one of those rare people who can assemble a great team, express his "vision", and establish the mechanism(s) to translate that vision without having to micro-manage it like, say, J. Michael did on Babylon 5.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote