View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 08:19 PM   #59
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Re: I'm getting a motorcycle.

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
Well, I passed my MSF course! That was without a doubt one of the more challenging things I've done in a long, long time. I did well at things like wide turns and quick stops (I stopped 4 feet shorter than was necessary during the exam) but had trouble with some of the lower speed stuff like the figure 8 u-turns and tighter turns...all stuff I know I can practice once I get my own bike. It was really rewarding to be told I had passed (the best score is 0, failing is 21, I got an 11) after the 3-day experience. I know I'm not 100% ready for the road but that definitely laid a great foundation for learning. I'll probably get my license and just sit on it for a bit A. while I save/look for a bike and B. to get a better rate on insurance when I eventually get one.

"Swell."
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your reply was supposed to be read as sarcastic. I could be wrong, seeing as that would be absolutely uncalled for...
"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
-Tommy Smothers
Pingfah wrote: View Post

Totally agreed, just get out there and ride. It's not about looking flash, you can have fun on pretty much anything that starts up.
Oh, I absolutely plan to keep practicing. I have a couple friends who have volunteered to let me put around on their bikes to keep developing my skills. I just didn't want to get on their bike at all before I had at least taken this course. As for getting my own bike, even the "cheap" bikes are a little out of my price range right now in terms of paying cash so I'll need to save up for even a super-super-cheap bike at this point. It's not a matter of saving for something fancy, it's a matter of not having any extra income right now for anything over a couple hundred bucks.

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
-Tommy Smothers
While I am very impressed with your ability to quote other people, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't have anything constructive to provide you can always simply avoid this thread.
What's really impressive is how when I posted that quote, it was merely to (indirectly) respond with a "feel free not to read what I post" (e.g. "...the right of people not to listen.") ... only then to have you come back with a reply again that this time satisfies the entire point of the quote to begin with (vis--vis a crude attempt at censorship by telling me to "simply avoid this thread.")

Actually, I take it back. I don't know if I should be impressed or not.
005, it's one thing to criticize someone if you actually disagree with an action they've taken, but it's hard to see this string of posts as anything more than you being needlessly antagonistic in an innocuous thread because of a personal grudge. There was nothing about that original post you quoted that deserved sarcasm or ridicule. Please stop replying to this thread unless you have something genuinely constructive to add.