View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 05:40 PM   #170
Green Lantern
Captain

Re: Who would you like to portray the 12th doctor?

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
jbny67 wrote: View Post
Sonic Lipstic
Sonic Dildo?......
OK, see, Joanna Lumley in "The Curse of the Fatal Death" is a good example of what not to do.

But I think a female Doctor could work very well if they do it very carefully. I've got this image in my head of Rachel Weisz as the Doctor and I just can't get it out. But the trick to making it work is that they need to un-sex the character. No skirts. No cleavage. She's cute and sometimes flirty without intending to be. (And when she intends to be, it turns out very badly.) She has about the same level of social graces as Matt Smith does. And while she enjoys this new incarnation, it still feels a bit alien to her if she stops and thinks about it for too long. (I have this long scene in my head where the Doctor first regenerates and realizes that something is different. She knows that she's a woman but can't quite put her finger on what the actual change has been.)
Nope. I know I'm being a but stubborn, but even if it was played well I wouldn't want a female doctor. Even if she gave me a boner episode (which would distract me from the plot. ). The doctor is a man, a timelord. You can't change from a timelord to a timelady in my book.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote