View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Dar70
Rear Admiral

Re: Mad Men season 6 (spoilers)

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ Last year, someone said that the show will end in the present day. If that's the case, it could be a coda tacked onto the last episode. I don't think we'll see entire seasons with them made up to look old in the 90s or 2000s. It'd love to see them at least get into the 70s as far as regular episodes go. Looking at old TV shows, there was quite a drastic change in style when the new decade came around. As far as the late 60s, it was still very much the 60s, but I noticed that hair styles started to change. If you look, you can see a hint of that in the later episodes of Star Trek. At least I saw a bit of it. Will Don keep his polished 50s look? Or will he have big hair and sideburns? Can't wait to see.
Oh sure there were big changes in style happening in 1970 but still many did cling onto their clean cut look.(Shatner was a little shaggy at the start of season 3 and than was a little cleaner later in the season, Nimoy looked the same through the movies.LOL)
Look at shows like Hawaii 5-0 that ran from the 60's to 80's. Jack Lords Macgarret still looked pretty clean cut in 1970. Later though he conformed.

I wonder if Mad Mens last ep will show a scene in 2014 or 15.(the years I am expecting the show to have its last season) Don will be like 89 or 90 by that point. I greatly doubt he will survive that long or be in a nursing home. The younger upstarts like Pete and Peggy may even still be working at that point in their late 70's.
Guess they could also show some scenes set in 2000 or so in which case Don would be Berts age.