View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 04:39 AM   #54
JD
Admiral

Re: E-Books or Paper Books

Sxottlan wrote: View Post
All paperback. Still love the look of books. Still love how they feel. Still love the simplicity. I read some of these ebook threads and people talk about having to hack files and disabling this or that (and that apparently you don't actually own these ebooks but more lease them is that right?) and I think, no not for me. Sounds too complicated. I have to stare at computer screens all day. I know many of these devices don't really look like a computer screen, but I just don't care. It's still an electronic device where I have to worry about power levels and what not when it's not even necessary.
You don't need to do all of the hacking in order to enjoy the average e-book. As far as I know the only times people do that is if you are trying to read a e-book on a device it isn't authorized for, or trying to get into options not available on the unhacked version of the file. I've been reading e-books for years, and I have never hacked one, and I've been perfectly happy with them. I don't even know how do all of the hacking stuff that people have talked about on here.