View Single Post
Old April 8 2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Toxteth O´Grady
Captain

Re: Jurassic Park 3D

I caught this yesterday with my parents and two brothers. We did a special drive out of town to see it on an Ultra Screen at a Marcus theatre.

I remember going to see this 20 years ago when I was 11. I distinctly remember not having ANY interest in seeing it, although I don't know why. But I think I was dragged there because everybody else was seeing it.

My expectations were blown to smithereens. It instantly became one of my favorite movies, watching the VHS copy we had a million times and then buying the DVD. I've held off buying the Blu-ray until after seeing it in the theatre again.

It's just such a fun movie to watch. And the cast is great! I loved Sam Neill as Grant and to this day I get excited when I see him in something new. Sam Jackson and Wayne Knight were so memorable. And Bob Peck is a total badass as Muldoon.

Also, when I was a kid, all of the stuff about Malcolm's objections to the park and Alan and Ellie's concerns about putting man and dinosaur in the same ecosystem went right over my head. All I could think was "Are you crazy? Dinosaurs are alive again! This is awesome!" Now? As an adult I can totally see where they're coming from and it just makes the movie all that better.
Toxteth O´Grady is offline   Reply With Quote