View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 11:41 PM   #177
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
I much prefer Clara to the Ponds. I was willing them to leave.
No one likes companions once they're gone, or so it seems.
Not me. I never liked the Ponds from the start. I could cope with them in series 5 and I thought "ok they'll be gone soon, we'll have a fun companion again soon". Then with series 6 I was like "ok come on, I'm fcuking fed up with you now, leave!", then by their last season I was like "thank god they're leaving, I'm so fed up with them now! I hate them all!". When they left I felt so relieved. But other than them, I think I like all the revival companions. Martha, Donna, Cpt Jack, and Rose (although I didn't like her with Tennant much, she was better with Eccleston).
Shazam! wrote: View Post
Green Lantern wrote: View Post
I much prefer Clara to the Ponds. I was willing them to leave.
I tire of all the domestics. I don't care where they live, if they're dating, who their parents are or any of that nonsense.

Just pick up a companion and go and have some wacky adventures. I watch Doctor Who as an escape from real life so stop reminding me of it.
Yeah, I've gotten fed up with all these companions being "chosen ones". What I'd like instead is to just have the doctor turn up on this random space station or something, have an adventure, make friends with a girl (or boy), and then take her off as her new companion, Zoe from the Throughton era reminds me of how is should be done. Or Tegan from the Davison (and Baker) era.

I quite liked it when Donna for some reason was special because of this doctor Donna thing, but having a "chosen one" as a companion never happened before to my knowledge, might have had a few of those before mind you. Not in the revival series though.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote