View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 09:38 PM   #163
The Haunting
Admiral

Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Average for me, though the prologue and the finale were both excellent, even though her having to give away the leaf was so obviously telegraphed it still gave me a lump in my throat at the end. It's just a shame everything in between was, well ok, but nothing great.

Surprised no one has mentioned (unless I missed it) the Blade Runner homages? "I've seen things you wouldn't believe" which I would have let pass if they hadn't followed it up with "Home again home again jiggedy jig."

Is Clara a replicant?

I wish I liked Clara more. So far I liked Victorian Clara slightly less than Alaska Clara, and I like modern day Clara slightly less than Victorian Clara. At the moment she's behind Donna, Amy and Rory, and possibly behind 1st series Rose for me, still ahead of all other Roses and Martha at least

So given the Doctor told Clara "We don't walk away" and her mum told her "I'll always be there when you need me" anyone else thinking that when Clara leaves/dies, she somehow keeps returning through sheer force of will to come and help the Doctor? So Alaska and Victorian Clara's were both effectively future echos of this Clara.

So, to sum up, some very good bits sandwiched between some meh bits. I really did expect something meatier from the man who gave us Luther?

"It should be torn down and the ground sown with salt..."
The Haunting is offline   Reply With Quote