View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 08:02 PM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Re: Paramount's Brad Grey Wants to Build a TV Studio

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
A major city is the most likely place to see a 1965 Corvette be kept in a collection and have been targeted by a nuclear missile, is my reasoning.
But clearly every major city on the planet wasn't destroyed. San Francisco, for example, still has some recognizable landmarks, as does London in the new movie. And WWIII had to be a limited nuclear exchange or humanity wouldn't have survived it.

Also, I don't agree with your premise. A lot of car collectors are wealthy sorts who live in the suburbs. Not to mention all the classic cars that tour with auto shows all over the place.

A factory on the outskirts of town that made said Corvettes would most likely be a place that survived said devastation; therefore, a 2009 or 2010 Corvette would have been the best survivor of a nuclear conflict (assuming said war wasn't a MAD conflict.)
Why? The war wasn't in 2010. To all indications, it was somewhere around a decade before First Contact, i.e. the 2050s. So a 2009 car would also be an antique at the time.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote