View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 04:28 PM   #80
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: teacake does Farscape: Spoiler Free first time viewing

teacake wrote: View Post
Taking the Stone: I got a little confused here because I thought the people on the planet might be Chiana's species. They moved in her distinctive way at times, but I guess this wasn't the case.

I think the acting is fantastic with Chiana, the movements as though she has extra joints and is extra limber.. she looks like a marionette! Her odd inflections and almost hissing way of talking.. it's a very satisfying and believable alien package.

Transparent baby stomach!!

A ramped up blend of Miri and Terra Nova. But with no rescue of the people at the end because this isn't Star Trek
I agree that Star Trek is the best thing that ever happened to science fiction, and that nothing will ever come close, but why don't you stop comparing Farscape to it, and enjoy it on it's own terms?

Plus, Farscape employed Naren Shankar, a writer who wrote for TNG. Also, an episode of Farscape which you have yet to see was originally written by Shankar FOR TNG, but Berman didn't like it for reasons that I don't recall. You will find THAT story an the episode's commentary. I won't say anymore since you don't like spoliers, but I'm interested to read your thoughts on it.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote