View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 10:25 AM   #84
Mitty
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Hm, I really, really don't know. I gave it an average.

Visually, spectacular.

The Clara's parents teaser, the Doctor watching, etc was nice, and made sense considering how puzzled the Doctor is over "what" Clara is.

Of course we get a few clues: Clara's Mum telling her that she'll always be there, and then promptly dies. I'm wondering if Clara's Mum has something to do with what's going on.

I looked at the dates on Clara's Mums tombstone. she died on 5th March 2005. Which is about three weeks before the new series started, but only about three days before the leak of the episode "Rose". I doubt it's relevant, but I find it interesting.

Them mention of Susan was interesting, I thought we might get more about that.

Jump to the final speech given by the Doctor. I need to go back and watch that again, because I think we get some good stuff there that we haven't had before.

I didn't think the leaf would come into it again so soon. Bit of a shame but obviously we're going to get more.

Also, as much as I love the sonic, can he leave it behind next week? It's getting very, very annoying.