View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 09:36 AM   #76
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X07 The Rings of Akhenaten (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Australis wrote: View Post
Very two minds about this, gave it a good.

The production values, except for the space scooter CGI, were pretty high, and I liked all the aliens (and a fair number had moving mouths).

But, I dunno. The Dr visiting the funeral? Clara in the past? Clara's magic leaf, with not just the past but all the days that never came? (ok, that wasn't a bad idea) Yet another "I'm the lonely doctor with a big past" speech? Almost touching but we've heard it all before.

And I know I'm in a party of one but Clara does not click with me, and I'd rate her, personally, worst companion evar. She's just a pretty face with not a lot going on behind it, while trying very, very hard to make her 'mysterious'. Yeah, hate me, just a personal opinion.

That's how I feel about pretty much everyone, though. I get following Clara's past, but why not check the pasts of the other two as well? I can do without another mysterious companion, as well, but heck I'm game for a pretty face. As others have mentioned, Victorian Clara would have been a bit more interesting as we've had all modern companions to date. I am interested to see how things go when we run into Vastra and Jenny again down the road. I hope the stories get more fun for you.

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Australis wrote: View Post

And I know I'm in a party of one but Clara does not click with me, and I'd rate her, personally, worst companion evar. She's just a pretty face with not a lot going on behind it, while trying very, very hard to make her 'mysterious'. Yeah, hate me, just a personal opinion.

Two episodes in and shes already "worst companion evar"? Damn that must be some sort of record.
Maybe, gotta say Rose annoyed me from the first episode and never changed. Hopefully, Clara will improve on Austalis.