View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 06:59 AM   #12
JD
Admiral

Re: Star Trek/Star Wars have switched places!

King Daniel wrote: View Post

Me, if I pick up a prime universe novel then I expect to have threads of the prime universe present. I'd be pretty off-set to be reading along and suddenly the characters Noika phone rings. Point is I'd rather the two universe identity's be kept separate. [/butthurt]
I think it'll come down to the execution. 2007's Star Trek Academy: Collision Course already featured a version of Earth similar to what the new movies depict (with communicators as phones and flying cars), although that was based on an unsold pitch for a new young Kirk/Spock/academy TV series and didn't quite ring true as a direct prequel to TOS. It was also a century prior to TNG, so the world may have changed quite a bit in the interim. I can't quite picture Picard or Worf riding a bus around San Francisco or Riker stuck in traffic in his flying car, but what would really be the alternative? They surely can't have walked or beamed everywhere in their whole lives.
[/QUOTE]
Actually there is what looks like it could be a flying car in this shot from All Good Things... At least that what I've always thought it was, because it doesn't really look like any of the shuttles we saw anywhere else in the series.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote