View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 04:54 AM   #57
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Eccleston turned down chance to be in 50th Anniversary story

Photoman15 wrote: View Post
This doesn't mean I have any problem with CE, just his decisions concerning DW. Really, get over yourself.
With all due respect, it sounds as though you really do have a problem with Eccleston.

Let me put it this way. He got "over himself" by taking a meeting with Moffat. He didn't have to do that. He had made it abundantly clear that he wasn't going to return. Yet, when he was approached, he listened to whar Moffat had to say, he considered it, and he passed. If he really thought of himself as bigger than the show with an ego of Shatnerian proportions, he wouldn't have done Moffat the courtesy; he'd have been content to simply stand on what he said in the past.

Here's the thing. Maybe he'll have a change of heart in 2015 when the series celebrates the tenth anniversary of "Rose." And maybe he'll have that change of heart because he sees what a modern-day multi-Doctor celebration can be. But if there's nothing but fan whingeing between now and 2015, then I hope Eccleston stays away. Honestly and truly.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote