View Single Post
Old April 7 2013, 12:44 AM   #233
randomfan86
Lieutenant

Re: Defending Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica(mentions Dick Che

junxon wrote: View Post
yeah.. logic and human decency don't count for much in the mind of someone that idolises dick cheney
I do not "idolize" Dick Cheney. Everyone has their bad decisions and my last paragraph warning about the dangers of not using torture in a correct way could be interpreted as an implicit criticism of him.

During 9/11, two planes had crashed into the WTC, and one into the Pentagon. There was a fourth plane that was still in play headed toward Washington. Bush was out of the picture and Cheney was the one running things from his undisclosed location. There was a question floating around the room as to what to do about the 4th plane, a situation like this had never occurred. When it got to Cheney, he unequivocally and without hesitation announced that we were going to shoot it down. The other people in the room were amazed at his certainty. The plane went onto crash on its own due to the brave men and women of Flight 93 before the decision could be carried out.

Cain: "You showed me that you are capable of setting aside your fear, of setting aside your hesitation and even your revulsion -- every natural inhibition that during battle can be the difference between life and death. When you can do this for as long as you have to, then you're a Razor"

From his decision on 9/11 to his decision to use torture, I would say Cheney fits the criteria.

Last edited by randomfan86; April 7 2013 at 02:30 AM.