View Single Post
Old April 6 2013, 11:04 PM   #60
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Uh-Oh!! Is Microsoft setting up to answer Sony?

ATimson wrote: View Post
I don't mind Microsoft charging (PS3 doesn't, but PS3's offering is missing features too) for online play. Always on... might be a deal breaker, or at least a deal delayer.
I'm not talking about multiplayer, I accepted that they were going to charge for that when I purchased. But since then pretty much every new service they've added to Xbox Live has required a Gold account. There's no reason why I should pay Microsoft to access services from third parties, such as Youtube, Netflix, or the fricking web browser. So if I'm going to get a console next gen, I may as well get one that wont try to fleece me.

I'm not going to jump to the PS4 instead, though. Their interesting exclusives (mainly Uncharted and a bunch of PS2 rereleases) aren't enough to justify launch price for a console.
I'm not going to purchase at launch, it's always best to wait a few months to a year and see where things stand before purchasing a console. As for price, we don't know how much they're going to cost, so we don't know if the PS4 will be more expensive than the next Xbox.