View Single Post
Old April 6 2013, 02:33 PM   #26
Christopher
Writer

Re: Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. - New episodes 3/25

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Interesting ending, and the series really did have an ending with a good amount of closure, the series not only wrapped up the current storylines but even positioned it to be a prequel to existing continuities.
How so? I'm not that familiar with the existing continuities.

Loved the Sheriff's kids: Eastwood, Norris, Billy Jack and Lynda Carter.
The one reference I didn't get was Billy Jack.

I also liked the shot of the kids in their classic series postures and gaits.
I missed that too. When was this?

Scooby looked surprisingly cool in his Kriegstaffebot disguise. I've mentioned that he often seemed to get the short shrift in this series so I'm glad he got to play a larger role in these final episodes.
I liked how much he and Shaggy grew, overcoming their habitual fear and developing real strength as the stakes rose.

Is it me or were they getting a bit cheeky with the girls? Seemed there were a lot of leering angles there at times. At least I didn't remember as many previously.
I noticed a few shots where Velma's sweater seemed to be hugging her kind of closely, but I don't think that's unusual for this version of her character design. Beyond that, I didn't notice any such pattern.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote