Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old April 5 2013, 10:40 PM   #539
Rainbow Dash
Osmotic Egghead

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Going Veggie

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I went for my checkup today. While my weight (217 lbs) and my blood pressure (130/74) were good, my blood glucose A1C was 9.7, which means my average glucose reading is 230-250. My doctor was very concerned (as was I!), and so we're trying a new medication alongside the metformin, and he's going to give it 3 to 6 months to see if it starts lowering my A1C. If not, then I may have to begin taking insulin.
May I ask which medication your doctor added to metformin? So far, I am doing much better using Janumet (januvia + metformin). I also use Amaryl (glimeperide) for those times when Janumet is not enough. My A1C is now averaging 6.5 which is right on the money, so to speak.
He's prescribed me Tradjenta (5mg), and he's trying to get me a full year's supply from Eli-Lilly. Way back, I had been taking Onglyza with my metformin, but I ran out and couldn't afford more. Instead of re-upping the Onglyza (AstraZeneca said I wasn't qualified to receive assistance), he's making sure I have what I need. Eli Lilly's assistance program is more relaxed.

I have always loved dark chocolate, to the dismay of parental units and siblings alike. I remember looking forward to a bar of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate on occasion. Now, my tastes are a little more refined, but I couldn't care less whether it is Brazilian 65% cacao or from Chile, etc. I do like when I find the dark chocolate with dried cranberries or blueberries mixed in... YUMMY!
Oh yes, me too. Dark chocolate is so delicious, though I have a rule: If it isn't 70% or better, forget it.
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote