Thread: Going Veggie
View Single Post
Old April 5 2013, 10:28 PM   #538
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Going Veggie

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I went for my checkup today. While my weight (217 lbs) and my blood pressure (130/74) were good, my blood glucose A1C was 9.7, which means my average glucose reading is 230-250. My doctor was very concerned (as was I!), and so we're trying a new medication alongside the metformin, and he's going to give it 3 to 6 months to see if it starts lowering my A1C. If not, then I may have to begin taking insulin.
May I ask which medication your doctor added to metformin? So far, I am doing much better using Janumet (januvia + metformin). I also use Amaryl (glimeperide) for those times when Janumet is not enough. My A1C is now averaging 6.5 which is right on the money, so to speak.

I have always loved dark chocolate, to the dismay of parental units and siblings alike. I remember looking forward to a bar of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate on occasion. Now, my tastes are a little more refined, but I couldn't care less whether it is Brazilian 65% cacao or from Chile, etc. I do like when I find the dark chocolate with dried cranberries or blueberries mixed in... YUMMY!