View Single Post
Old April 5 2013, 02:25 PM   #33
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: Enterprise Cutaway Coming From Dragon Models

Normally I would agree. Normally I would buy something like this, with the hopes that others would as well, to support the production of such memorabilia. This would, ideally, lead to the production of higher-quality items once the studio realized that there was profit to be made and more money could be invested in making a better product.

Instead, the studio has opted to not support higher-quality products like this - but instead, charge an exorbitant amount of money for an insultingly less-than-acceptable piece of sub-par merchandise that even the most die-hard completest fans would likely not want to have anything to do with. The studio would then turn around, confidently pronounce that "Trek is dead" (again) and that there was no more point to investing any money into the franchise, as (in their pinched little minds) nobody is interested any more.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, one where the future of TOS/classic-era products may be circling the drain, I'm afraid. I don't even really see much of anything all that impressive based on the TNG/DS9/Voy-era, either.