View Single Post
Old April 5 2013, 08:12 AM   #58
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: The ENT and Melakon

teacake wrote:
Why they get so embarrassed about the toilet thing I don't know.. isn't this THE FUTURE?!
*shakes head sadly* Those 22nd century people... such prudes.
R. Star wrote:
Well, Travis said his dad always kept the gravity a bit lower than 1g on the ship. So quite easily this could weaken his muscles and make his legs brittle.
Good point.

1:09 - Civilization

TV Blurb: Enterprise discovers a heavily populated planet, though they're not the first to find it.

During original broadcast, this was the first episode I actually liked. I know that's a minority opinion around here, but I don't apologize for it. I guess I'm just an old fashioned guy.

There were several elements that appealed to me. Of the episodes I'd seen up to this point, it felt like it could have been a TOS story. Archer falls in love (and I'm not a fan of love stories), a less advanced culture needs our help, and it was a nice reference to see the Malurians before Nomad annihilates them a hundred years from now.

There aren't any outstanding moments I can think of, but the episode had me thinking that the show had started to find its footing. I guess the credit goes to Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong, because I really liked the story.

Next: Fortunate Son