View Single Post
Old April 4 2013, 07:14 PM   #83
Tom
Rear Admiral

Re: 50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

The Stig wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
These are the actors that helped make the show what it is today.

Mr Awe
Not so much, no. As I said, the actors that made the show what it is today are being included, save the one who didn't agree to appear. The previous incarnation of Who has very little to do with this one.
I disagree, if the classic show had made a wrong turn and was canceled in 79 vs 89 lets say, would we have NO new series today, or at least something quite different. The classic series did build to where the new series took off from. This is the 50th anniversary special in which there was 8 years of the new series and 26 years of the classic series, and to not have any representation at all from those 26 years (beyond a returning monster) is really a crime for us long time Doctor Who fans ( I have been a fan since 83 myself). I don't want all the classic doctors just give me one of them,and at best, 2 Classic doctors. Mcgann and McCoy could still pull it off with out the 'time differential' excuse.