Old April 4 2013, 04:48 PM   #65
Coal the Elf
Commodore

View Coal the Elf's Twitter Profile
Re: NBC: Jimmy Fallon to replace Jay Leno in 2014

Amasov wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
Sheep wrote: View Post

I was under the impression Craig Ferguson taking over the Late Show once Letterman retires was unofficially a done deal. I love Ferguson but I'm afraid that might not end well given CBS's demographic. Same goes for Conan potentially taking over for Letterman.
Ferguson has been very up-front and public about not wanting anything to do with The Late Show, and honestly I'm thankful for that; moving to 11:35 would destroy his program, which is much more akin to Pee-wee's Playhouse than a traditional late-night talk show. A while back, there was some talk of CBS desperately hoping that Jon Stewart would be interested, but he seems content at Comedy Central.

Conan just re-upped with TBS through 2015, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If anything, my money is on CBS throwing everyone a curveball and giving The Late Show to Ellen DeGeneres.
While Dave brings up retirement here and there and now with Conan re-upping through 2015, I wonder if that's about the time Dave will throw in the towel, in which CBS would then consider Conan for the job. Though I have trouble visualizing Conan moving back to New York and I wonder if CBS would even be interested in having him on the network. He doesn't seem relevant anymore.

I love that Craig wants to stay where he is. 12.30 is perfect for the kind of show he does. In a thread some time ago, someone commented that Craig's show now is a lot like Letterman's old Late Night.
Didn't know that he wanted to stay there. Really like his (Craig Ferguson's) show better than Dave's or Jay's. Both of them haven't been as funny as they used to be. Only watch Jay's for the monologue and for Headlines (going to miss those ). Craig reminds me of Johnny Carson somewhat. Missed that kind of show for awhile now .