View Single Post
Old April 4 2013, 01:19 PM   #20
Trek Survivor
Captain

Re: When Sisko met the Prophets

R. Star wrote: View Post
That's your opinion. I suspect you'd be in the minority thinking the series "nose-dived" after season 5.
Oh, undoubtedly, but I've never been one to just follow the majority opinion blindly.

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Disagree. Season 6 is excellent although the finale is when the arc starts to dumb itself down. Season 7 is when all this Prophets business goes in to NuBSG levels of dumb spirituality and handwaving.
I felt the series lost a lot of its "heart" (for lack of a better word) as season six progressed. Season 7 was worse. I just preferred the characters, their relationships and the storylines from the first four or five years.

It wasn't just the complete retcon of the prophets, I didn't like the over-focus on the Dominion war either (and yes, I know I'm in an even smaller minority on that one!).

Don't get me wrong, series 6-7 wasn't uniformly terrible. But to me they are substantially inferior to say, season 4.