View Single Post
Old April 4 2013, 02:43 AM   #150
randomfan86
Lieutenant

Re: Defending Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica(mentions Dick Che

stj wrote: View Post
My post gave reasons to believe that other people could have and would have implemented the same policies without the dictatorship. Your posts either assume that Park is responsible or cite some unknown subjects who consider Park a great leader. And I gave a good reason for that so-called opinion, the desire for war to reunify Korea on some southern leaders' preferred terms.

Since this is one of your key points, the inability to even attempt a refutations strongly suggests you're dead wrong. The Park example does not support you. Nor does the Cheney example. You may be correct that the show itself insists that Cain is not just a villain whose demise we are to cheer. At least, no one seems to have argued that point successfully. But what the show thinks is irrelevant to what we decide is right in the real world, and anyone has the right to apply the same reasoning to their opinion of a fictional character.
The opinion of the SK people is all the matters to my argument and what they think of him. They think highly of him, that is a fact not an opinion. They democratically elected his daughter their first woman President (very paternalistic society). Whether the economic boon was directly due to him or not, it was under his watch and they give him credit, and are willing to overlook his torture/oppression/murder. That is the most relevant point to my argument.

I am not following your going to war/reunification of Korea line of reasoning.

Last edited by randomfan86; April 4 2013 at 03:03 AM.