View Single Post
Old April 3 2013, 09:34 PM   #11
dub
Captain

Re: VOY The Second Time Around

Brit wrote: View Post
And I completely agree. I like that you had some basic ideas of what would have made the show better for you. Of course you know that is one step away from writing fan fiction LOL. Have you ever thought about it?
Well, I'm not really into re-writing things that have already been written. I just like complaining about them.

No, seriously though, anybody can play Monday morning quarterback and pick a story to pieces. I still have incredible respect for the writers, actors and everyone involved who did a much better job than I could ever hope to do. And I have memories of really enjoying much of what I saw of Voyager the first time which is why I stuck with it for so long, so I'm hoping to get to those episodes soon! I just can't remember which episodes they were. It's odd though, because back then I recorded everything on a VCR, so I must have watched VOY over and over because watching now for the first time in over 10 years I had some of those lines memorized! I do have problems with the way certain things happened and things that could have happened to spice things up, you know, but I realize it's subjective and I can get past them and still enjoy the ride. Sometimes I over-explain in a desire to be understood. Please forgive me.

Thanks for the link to that blog and your fanfic! I will definitely check them out!
dub is offline   Reply With Quote