View Single Post
Old April 3 2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

Re: Do you like to read?

I love to read. Nowadays, as I am retired, I only read for pleasure. I own about 1000 books of which around 250 are e-books.

I am a member of LibraryThing (my name is Zozette there) and I enjoy doing the category challenge there as it is encourages me to read genres that I don't usually read. For the 2013 Challenge I selected 13 categories, 5 of which were full categories (13 books each) and the remainder were half categories (6 or 7 books each)

My categories are

Category 1 - 42 Degrees South (books set in Tasmania, South Island of New Zealand, or Patagonia)
Category 2 - 42 Degrees North - (this includes books from Albania, Mongolia, Bulgaria, Kazahkstan etc)
Category 3 - Selections from “1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die"
Category 4 - Mysteries
Category 5 - Books about books

HALF CATEGORIES
Category 6 - Land of Ice and Fire (books set in Iceland)
Category 7 - Sickness, Death and ???
Category 8 - Biographies and Memoirs
Category 9 - Science Fiction/Fantasy
Category 10 - Animals
Category 11 - Famous Feuds
Category 12 - Bombs and Boomerangs *Bombs = Books off my booksheves (that have been there unread for at least two years), Boomerangs are books I have previously read but want to return to).
Category 13 - Potpourri - books that don't fit into any of the categories above.

Because some books will fit into more than one category I think I will have to read about 110 books to complete the challenge.

My challenge thread is here

I am also a member of the LibraryThing '100 books in 2013" group and I am on track to complete that as I have already read 28 books this year.
Miss Chicken is online now   Reply With Quote