View Single Post
Old April 3 2013, 04:09 AM   #86
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: Defending Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica(mentions Dick Che

randomfan86 wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
randomfan86 wrote: View Post

I concede that personal feelings might've played a role in that, but I think it was mainly for intelligence. I think personal betrayal played a minimal role in Cain's ruthless tactics, evidenced by the fact that her ruthlessness began before the betrayal.

If you ask a black man if Lincoln wrong to authorize a scorched earth strategy (purposely destroying civilian infrastructure and food...you can argue morally worse than Cain stripping civilian ships) to help win the Civil War, what answer do you think you'll get?
Probably not as much support as you would like to think. Especially considering that they were in the line of fire--so to speak.

And Cain's tactics were ruthless and suicidal. Gina, was about "you hurt me, I'll hurt you worse". Again, once the intelligence dried up, why continue to rape and torture her.
I concede, that personal feelings may have played a role there. But they might not have since Cain's ruthless actions started before the torture...so its hard to differentiate without the show clearing it up. If you asked black people today, or if you read the history books and what's taught in class rooms, they'll tell you of course Lincoln made the right move.
Today, yes. Then, not so much