Thread: The Voice 4
View Single Post
Old April 3 2013, 02:43 AM   #11
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: The Voice 4

Was shocked to see Julie Roberts as a blind audition contestant, but the moment she started singing that song I knew no one would turn around for her.

That one teenager who returned from last season and landed on Shakira's team -- Garrett Gardner -- I have to wonder if the coaches got notes on him beforehand (not that it was him singing, but that he'd be one of the contestants) because Blake and Adam sure remembered a lot of specifics about him. Although last season Blake was both surprised and happy to turn around for Dez Duron and Daniel Rosa because he remembered them.

Danny99 wrote: View Post
Let's be serious: this show is about the four coaches. None of the winning singers so far have become the mega-stars; I don't even remember hearing them on the radio.
From what I've read, Mark Burnett did nothing to promote Javier Colon after season one (Dia Frampton sold more albums than him). Jermaine Paul's album hasn't even come out yet because his (heavily manufactured) single tanked. Looks like Cassadee Pope will have a strong push for her upcoming album and it's not even coming from the people behind The Voice -- it's coming from CMT and her Nashville label.

Chris Mann might be the most successful contestant (by Voice standards), but he already had a fanbase and professional career before the show.

I think I read that Burnett only cares about making a hit TV show and doesn't care about what happens to any of the singers afterward.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote