View Single Post
Old April 3 2013, 01:10 AM   #46
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: E-Books or Paper Books

BillJ wrote: View Post
Paper Moon wrote: View Post
Part of my issue with ebooks is that I already spend a lot of time on screens every day, and I have found that reading ebooks cuts out a small but useful part of my day where I'm off-screen.

Of course, part of this issue is that I'm using rather old screens to read; my phone is nearly ancient at this point, and I read on a laptop of similar age. In the years since I bought these items, visual displays have vastly improved and now produce more natural images that are crisper and easier to read.

In a few years, I'll probably buy a (by that point, very out of date) iPad and I suspect I will use ebooks much more then.
Skip the iPad and buy a e-ink reader specifically for books. They are much easier on the eyes (I have both an iPad and Kindle Paperwhite) and a dedicated reader is far cheaper.
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ I've had the opposite experience - I find e-books are MUCH easier for me to read on an iPad than on a Kindle. And it's one less device you have to worry about.
Yeah, thus far I'm with Mr. Laser Beam; I have a friend who owns one of the new iPads, and it's very easy on my eyes. Eventually I think I will buy one, but not just for reading ebooks. And I do dislike having too many devices.

But who knows? Maybe Kindles will go down in price soon enough that I'll go ahead and get that first.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote