View Single Post
Old April 2 2013, 10:38 PM   #1963
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Your opinion. Mine is that while certain episodes of B5 S1 contain things that are helpful to understanding the series, a significant number of them add nothing you "need" to know to enjoy the show. And more than one S1 episode ranks right up there with the questionable heights of Q-less IMO.

As to how B5 was trying to change the presentation of sci-fi, etc., I'm afraid I'm not sure where you're coming from on that one, unless you're referring to JMS developing the overarching story in advance. Of course, it's a given that not all of JMS's productions lived up to their potential.

Anyway, since both shows consist of multiple seasons, and differing numbers of them at that, it seems a bit silly to me to try literally comparing one season to another. If we're going to do that perhaps we should take it further and compare things on a per-episode basis? Doesn't seem sensible.

In any case, I think you've made your point: you prefer B5. More power to you.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote