View Single Post
Old April 2 2013, 08:20 PM   #139
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

Re: The Dashcam Chronicles

Flux Capacitor wrote: View Post
There's being objective and giving your opinion, and then there's being objective, giving your opinion in a sarcastic, smarmy, assholish way. If you want to give someone your opinion and feedback, being an asshole about it generally makes the recipient much less conducive to said feedback than had you come at them from a more constructive and neutral angle. And I'm not talking about one specific person here, that goes for about 99% of the people in this thread.

Yes, I asked for feedback, but what I didn't ask for was people to come at me personally, starting posts in other parts of the board talking shit as if I can't read it, telling me I should be ashamed of what I've done and generally painting me as a bad person for posting some 10-15 second videos of YouTube. If that's the way people here go about imparting their wisdom and advice to people outside of the Internet, I'm guessing that advice and wisdom isn't heeded too often. I can't imagine how you'd keep many friends that way.
Everyone's aware that you can see the posts on the other part of the board, since you have posted there in the past and again just a few days ago. Don't try and portray it as people talking behind your back. They have no problem saying those things directly to you, and in fact have said as much in this thread.

People were offering you criticism of the videos themselves without personal comments, and you didn't like that either. It's pretty much standard operating procedure for you. You start a thread, expecting everyone to pat you on the back, and then get pissed when the thread doesn't go the way you expect it to. Lather, rinse, repeat.

You get what you give. If you're getting smarmy, sarcastic, assholish remarks, maybe that's because that's how you come off to a lot of people.
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'