View Single Post
Old April 2 2013, 07:43 PM   #36
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Georgia toddler mauled to death by family's pack of dogs

Kirby wrote: View Post
I really want to hear more about this family. Unless you're a breeder, then you have no need to own nine dogs, let alone pitbulls. I'm sure they were the sweetest, kindest, most loving dogs ever to walk the earth, but when you have more than say, two, you have created a pack, and that pack's territory was the backyard and the child invaded that territory. That result is expected.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unty-yard.html seems to have a few more details.

I think 4 dogs is the line where you just have to start calling someone crazy. 1 dog is great. I could see getting 2 if you don't want your dog to be lonely while you're at work. Fine. 3 you're starting to push it, but whatever... 4? You're just fucking nuts sorry.

The mother's 18 years old, the daughter was almost 2... well. You do that math. Not necessarily dealing with the most responsible people here. I mean come on. A kid that young? You set up those little toddler gates/fences so they can't get themselves killed. Is it really that hard?