View Single Post
Old April 2 2013, 05:33 PM   #86
golddragon71
Lieutenant

Re: Why Did Gene drop Christopher Pike?

I have to be honest. after reading this debate I'd really like to see more stories with Pike

The interesting thing to note is that the Cage took place very early in Spock's career as a star fleet officer if you go by the comments made in the Menagerie

Mendez: did you Ever Meet chris Pike?
Kirk: We Met when he was promoted to fleet Captain.....I took over the Enterprise from him. Spock served with him for several years.
Spock: Eleven years, four months, five days.

Later...
Spock: This is thirteen years ago. The Enterprise, and it's Commander, Captain Christopher Pike.

That's quite a lot of stories to fill in. Now D.C. Fontana gave us Spock's First mission on the Enterprise under Chris Pike in Vulcan's Glory (which i just re-read last night and highly recommend)

A thought did occur to me that if Hunter had not been so eager (or eagerly pushed by his girlfriend/wife) and had done Star Trek full-time he might have lived a lot longer (on the other hand a light could have fallen on the set and smashed his skull in anyway)