View Single Post
Old April 2 2013, 01:30 PM   #7
randomfan86
Lieutenant

Re: Defending Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica(mentions Dick Che

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
There's something else about her that reminds me of Cheney. She also shot one of her best friends in the face and unnecessarily wasted lives and resources in an emotional quest for revenge. The parallels are uncanny.
She was fighting a guerrilla war against the enemy. The whole "revenge" speech was just a rah rah speech to get everyone going after they'd learned of the genocide. In the next scene she pretty much acknowledges this and says calmly that her plan is to wage a guerrilla campaign. There are many examples in history where a small committed guerrilla force has beaten back a superpower.

In the end, when she saw just how successful a collaborative effort between Pegasus and Galactica could be in taking out the Cylons, she chose not to take out Adama. This kind of indicates it was more about her duty (defeating the cylons) than the acquisition of power. I don't know that I can say the same thing about Cheney after watching the documentary. The human rights abuses started before her Cylon lover betrayed her so I don't think this played an overriding role in her motives either.

Last edited by randomfan86; April 2 2013 at 01:43 PM.