View Single Post
Old April 1 2013, 10:56 PM   #1984
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

the G-man wrote: View Post
Anyone else think that Mazzara was fired/left as showrunner because he wanted to end the governor/prison arc at the end of this season and the producers didn't? It sure seemed like things were set up to the point where the storyline should have concluded and now we have another season of him/it.
The exec producer, Gale Hurd was quoted in the LA Times today sayig that season 4 would focus more on the present danger -- i.e., zombie attacks. FWIW, Hurd also said that Mazzaro left because negotiations for a new contract didn't work out (paraphrasing).

I hope this isn't true. Too many zombie attacks, which I find boring after a while, is what drove me away from the show at the end of season 2. The season 3 head butting with the Governor and Woodbury made WD must-see TV for me. Although I agree that unless they can come up with some fresh angle, the Governor's storyline has pretty much played out other than how he will die.

Anyway, I much prefer the human conflict over zombie conflict. Better the walkers be used as a backdrop against the human storylines.

Hurd said something else that really surprised and intrigued me, that "The Walking Dead" was a reference not to the walkers but to the humans who are left. I'm sure you vets of the show and the comic knew this, but it was news to me.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote