Old April 1 2013, 05:42 PM   #177
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Re: Dallas - Season 2

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post

:facepalm:

Fine. We'll say it's like Mr. and Ms. Olympia. Men's and Women's division title.
How many women has John Ross been with since the series began? Let's see:

-Elena, who he cheated on with
-Marta Del Sol, the bipolar girl with the secret identity
-the girl in the season premiere (who he was using so he could get leverage on her dad),
-Pamela, his cousin's soon-to-be ex-wife,
-Annie Wersching's character (who he was only using to get dirt on) and finally
-Emma, who he hooked up with right after his father's death.

... am I missing anyone? All of this with no comment or judgment from you.

Then here comes along Emma. The aforementioned fling with John Ross, and then Drew.

And that's it.

Yet, she somehow now qualifies -whether jokingly or not- to be deemed the "Southfork Slut" by you.

The the only thing more outrageous about that post/opinion than how offensive that is would be the inherent, sexist hypocrisy it is demonstrating.

Elaborate for me why it's ok to call a woman a slut because she becomes involved with two men, yet a character like John Ross (or J.R. even) can go around and hop in to bed with anything that moves and yet not be criticized for it?
I criticize John Ross on practically everything else and you jump to his defense, but this time I agree with you and you want to start a fight because I didn't go far enough for your tastes?

and :facepalm:

I'm done. I've got better things to do in life than raise my blood pressure arguing with you over a soap opera.
No. You criticize Josh Henderson for not playing John Ross as you would like him to.

There's not a peep in that post about John Ross's man-whoring, which has been well established by now to be just as frequent and unabashed as his father's was in the old days.

Meanwhile, nearly every other post you've made in this thread discussing the female characters has been on the same basic topic: the way they look:

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Also, Annie get yer gun...and shoot that worm.
Did you cheer? I cheered!

Non-sequitor: Every time I see Pamela Rebecca she reminds of both Denise Richards and Tricia Helfer, like if it were possible for those two actresses to have a love child together, it would grow up to be Julie Gonzalo.

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Every time I see Pamela Rebecca she reminds of both Denise Richards and Tricia Helfer, like if it were possible for those two actresses to have a love child together, it would grow up to be Julie Gonzalo.
I always think of Tricia Helfer too when I look at her.
For me it's Tricia's mouth and Denise's eyes.

And in one scene, I thought she looked a bit like Jenna from the old show.
That's the eyebrows...

And another thing... Judith Light's character doesn't look old enough to be Harris Ryland's mother. I looked her up and Light is only three years older that Pileggi.
I'm thinking she's had work done since he was born...

Most likely they couldn't find anyone old enough that fit the part, or simply were pressed to cast someone quickly, so they just decided to "old up" a veteran soap actress.
And now the "Southfork slut" comment, which you have the audacity to defend because you claim to have said same about John Ross, which you haven't. Even if you had, it doesn't excuse the comment.

So maybe take a step back and think about you regard women vs. men, and maybe also stop for moment to consider that women - whether on TV or in real life - are far more than simple sex objects to be ogled, evaluated, objectified or derided solely based on how they look or who they date.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote