View Single Post
Old March 31 2013, 02:38 PM   #90
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: 7x06 The Bells of St John - review/ discussion

An okay episode. I wouldn't call it "awesome" or anything but it was entertaining and towards the end became quite fun to watch. The episode started off seeming like it was going to be something of a modernized rehash of The Idiot's Lantern but thankfully the end product is sufficiently different. There are some familiar Moffat tropes here, most notably creepy kids posing a threat. The interaction between Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman saved the episode and really is the highlight of the show. But really the last half of the episode is a blast to watch with great one-liner and really cool moments like driving a motorcycle up the side of a building. Certainly one of the better S7 episodes (so far).

So I assume they're setting things up for a greater mystery regarding who the mysterious lady at the shop is that gave Clara the TARDIS phone number. Also weird is the phone in the door panel ins't actually supposed to be a real phone, according to The Empty Child, though it did get a call in that very episode too. My eagle eye spotted the author of the book the boy was reading that Clara praised was none other than Amelia Williams. So I guess Amy had quite a successful career as an author in her post-TARDIS life.