View Single Post
Old March 31 2013, 06:59 AM   #69
Newspaper Taxi
Captain

Re: 7x06 The Bells of St John - review/ discussion

This was pretty much everything I tune into Doctor Who for. Although on the surface the souls getting sucked through Wi-fi was kinda goofy, lots of people have speculated about the potential to upload human minds into robot bodies and so forth. It's just that they were doing this suddenly, without the person's consent, and then also able to edit the person like a computer file. That was a fun concept.

I really didn't see anything special about Clara3, though. She wasn't full of unusual spunk, wasn't any more or less witty than other companions, and was just sort of there. I would much rather have Clara2 as the main personality. Maybe that could tie into her character growth or something, but as is I think they took the 'average girl' thing a little too far.

I'm guessing at this point that The Great Intelligence is the big bad guy for this half season. Or at least they're setting it up to be in the general rotation of re-occuring villians.

Next week's episode looks visually beautiful. Can't wait. And speaking of visually beautiful, I just love the new TARDIS interrior. The coral theme was great and all but it's really refreshing to have something different.