View Single Post
Old March 31 2013, 02:18 AM   #60
Christopher
Writer

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

EnsignHarper wrote: View Post
Wonder if Joe D' Agosta did the casting for that - which seems likely...
Yes, he did. He did all the Desilu shows from that period -- The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, and Mannix. He also did Roddenberry's first show, The Lieutenant, which was from MGM.

and I also wonder if Parrish herself remembered the costume, when the script suggested a 'sexy wrap around' dress...
Hard to say. Would she have wanted to wear it again, given how much tape it would've had to be stuck to her skin with and how carefully she probably had to move in it? Anyway, it strikes me as the sort of thing that would've been the costume supervisor's responsibility, not the actress's.

Anyway, the Mannix episode aired only 6 months after "Who Mourns for Adonais?", so somebody in the costume department may have remembered the dress. The costumers for the different Desilu shows may have worked in the same offices or workspaces, or used some of the same assistants, or something, so the folks over on Mannix may have known about the Palamas dress when it was made (it certainly would've left an impression) and remembered it when Parrish was cast for Mannix.

This makes me wonder if any other Trek costumes have shown up in other TV shows. Maybe we need a spinoff thread for "Trek costumes in maybe surprising roles."

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote