View Single Post
Old March 31 2013, 01:05 AM   #34
Warped9
Admiral

Re: S.S. Valiant Appearance

Well hang on to your hats because I've reconsidered the design to make it somewhat more elemental. Essentially I've taken the Friede (from 1929's Woman In The Moon), laid it on its side and stretched the nose a bit. Then I'm simplifying the ring arrangement and making a few other tweaks. I'm still keeping the thicker upper strut and thinner lower strut as well as the navigational deflector pod. I've also gone to two large impulse nozzles stacked one atop the other instead of four. I want something more rudimentary looking for a design that is supposedly one of the very first generation of Earth's FTL starships. It still looks like a large albeit thick and somewhat stubby missile laying on its side, but a bit less elaborate in overall shape---more elemental. Then it's a matter of adding the right detail to dress it up.

I want to do this right, but I don't want to spend too much time on it because I'd like to get back to my Flash Gordon rocketship model. I don't know if you've followed or seen that where like the TOS shuttlecraft I've actually worked out something of a coherent interior for the ship.