View Single Post
Old March 30 2013, 03:18 PM   #17
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia
Re: What the Internet looked like in 1995

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I think 95 was a big year because Win 95 made it so much easier to get on the net than before. I remember wrestling with Trumpet Winsock under Win 3.1 with a 2400 baud modem and somehow got it to work.

I still have my original Netscape 1.0 on a CD somewhere. Actually ran it, talk about *bare* bones functionality these days. The first time I saw pictures slowwwwwly come in from a web page it was pretty magical though.
I missed Windows 95 because my computer in 1995 only had MS-DOS. My second computer had Windows 98 which was a big one back then. Then I had XP for a long time which was my Sims2 computer lol. Sims2 was pretty much made to run well on XP. When I got Windows 7, my simmies won't run as well.

I had a work comp with Vista. I have Windows 7 on both my computers now, but my dad has Windows 8. I really hate using his computer because they tried to make Windows 8 like some kind of mobile device or ipad with the App Store...and you can't access anything unless you move your mouse to the top right corner of the screen. I don't know about anyone else, but I liked my normal Windows layout just fine lol.