View Single Post
Old March 30 2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)
Re: Georgia toddler mauled to death by family's pack of dogs

teacake wrote: View Post
propita wrote: View Post
My cousin had a couple of pit bulls. They were VERY nice dogs, but he did keep them in very large enclosures and his toddler was not allowed in. Just in case.
Why would anyone want a dog their own kid can't go near.
The area I live at near Ft Bragg, NC is not horrible but its not great and that reflects in some of the people that live there (not all, but some). A neighbor on one side of my house has dogs that are locked in a pen 24/7, rain or shine. They feed the dogs by dumping the dogfood over the top of the kennel onto the ground. I've never seen them go into the kennel to clean it. Cops said they can't do anything since they are sheltered and being fed and water.

Neighbors on the other side have pits and a bull mastiff that are also outside probably 99% of the time. The yard is destroyed (I can see it from my upstairs window) and their kids cannot go into the yard and play because it is so nasty.

I hate where I live and only moved in there because the Army changed my orders on me at the last minute so I had to find some place quickly because we were moving from Ft. Polk, LA. If I had seen the place in person I would have never moved there.

But I asked myself the same questions all the time. What's the point of having "pets" if you can't go near them or don't take care of them? The animals are miserable and these people just do not care. It sickens me and especially since the cops can't do anything about it.