View Single Post
Old March 30 2013, 04:15 AM   #29
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Re: Olympus Has Fallen trailer (Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Ashley J

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^Just about, though. Tatum Channing and Gerard Butler are equally bland leads. WHD has got Jamie Foxx as the POTUS, James Woods, Maggie Gyllenhall, Richard Jenkins, Lance Reddick, Garcelle Beauvais and Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty).

Mind you, I still think that that silly-but-fun White House storyline in S7 of 24 is likely to have been mnore entertaining than both these movies put together.
If I was Channing Tatum I would worry about having a second movie delayed to make it 3D

Gaith wrote: View Post
throwback wrote: View Post
I get the feeling that people who did this movie and the second Die Hard are completely ignorant about DC and the surrounding vicinity. There are two major airbases in that vicinity - Andrews and Langley. This limits the possibility of an attacking plane to hitting the WH to nil in this post-911 world.
Passenger planes fly right close to downtown DC all the time; I'm sure they'll have some handwave line about how they fooled/hacked National Airport into thinking they were legit. Either that, or they remotely disabled all military aircraft... with hacking. It really wouldn't be more egregious than some of the stuff Skyfall threw at us, and that movie's been fairly well received.
The deception plan is a lot simpler then that and there is no Red Dawn remake god device to explain how it was possible either.