View Single Post
Old March 30 2013, 01:39 AM   #142
Shaka Zulu
Captain

Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

shivkala wrote: View Post
I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILEŽ and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."

Still, nothing will be the avocado discussion about the Subway sandwich from last episode.

Overall, this past episode was not as strong, in my opinion, than previous episodes. I do agree that they needed to schedule things differently. We had two "Steve and Dan" get kidnapped episodes (the boat episode and the girl scouts episode) not too far apart.

On a different note, the female voiceover for Target, that plays before the clip of the scene from the boat episode sounded very familiar. I finally figured that it sounds exactly like Jack Carter's smart house, S.A.R.A.H. on Eureka, which would be fine and all, but actor Neil Grayston voices S.A.R.A.H. (it was even a plot point that they recognized that it was his character's voice, made feminine, because Sarah Michelle Gellar never responded to his request).
Marc wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILEŽ and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."
yeah these product placements for the Surface have been pretty blatant and not just on Hawaii 5-0 either - they've been showing up on NCIS:LA (can't recall if I saw one on NCIS) - don't think they are quite so blatant with with product placement.
cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
The award for least subtle product placements have to go to Bones, where at least one episode per season contains a driving scene where one of the characters extolls at length either the environmental friendliness of the Toyota hybrid they're driving, or some sort of high-tech option available in said Toyota.

All of these remind me of the old radio shows which would mention a product during a the course of an episode (e.g. 'Good thing I paid my Verizon bill this month-I need to make a call to alert the Crimson Lobster now!')
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote